For guests visiting the Heritage Center, and not going to other parts of the League, casual or business casual dress is acceptable. For guests visiting other parts of the League, the below dress code applies.
Union League Dress Code
The intention of the dress code is to provide guidelines within which members and their guests are expected to demonstrate discretion and good judgment. It is the responsibility of each member to conform to the dress code, and to ensure that all guests do so as well. All children visiting the Union League are expected to be appropriately attired. Children over the age of twelve are required to conform to the dress code.
- For Men
- Jacket and tie are strongly preferred. Jacket and collared shirt are required at all times on the first floor members-only section of the Union League.
- For Women
- Dresses, blouses, skirts or pants-suit are appropriate attire. Pants should be tailored and are acceptable when worn with a jacket or other garments which would be appropriate if worn with a skirt.
- 1862 Dining Room and Bar: A tie is strongly preferred. Jacket required at all times (including summer).
- Business casual attire is acceptable in the Founders Room or Café Meredith for breakfast only.
- Saturday and Sunday
- Business casual attire is acceptable on Saturday until 5:00pm and all day Sunday in the Café throughout the year.
- Private Dining/Meeting Rooms
- Business casual attire is acceptable in private meeting rooms or for private dining events.
- Summer Dress
- Except for the 1862 dining room and bar, business casual attire may be worn throughout the Union League from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Business Casual Attire
- Defined as a collared shirt and pressed slacks for men and comparable attire for women.
- Unacceptable Attire
- The following attire is never acceptable on the first or second floors of the Union League: jeans, denim wear, tee shirts, athletic wear, tank, halter or jogging tops, untucked shirts, wrinkled clothing, shorts, baseball caps, sneakers, extremely casual or beach footwear.