Good Citizens Family Appreciation Day
Every fall, the Youth Work Committee and the Abraham Lincoln Foundation partner to host Good Citizen Family Appreciation Day. They hold this event to show appreciation for the families who helped shape the fine young citizens who received the Union League’s Good Citizenship Award. During the event attendees:
- tour the Union League building guided by volunteer docents
- view one-of-a-kind artifacts from the Abraham Lincoln Foundation’s historic collections
- enjoy light refreshments
- see photographs and video from Good Citizen Day
- meet other Good Citizenship Awardees and their families from across the Greater Philadelphia region
- talk with Union League members who support the Youth Work program
- and learn about other Union League opportunities, such as the Scholarship Foundation program.
This year's Family Appreciation Day will take place on Saturday, November 19, 2016.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
The upcoming Liberty Weekend took place on January 5-7, 2017. This program, held by The Youth Work and Scholarship Foundations, is a three-day educational program to explore the ideas of freedom and free enterprise. Students participated discussions regarding democracy, individual rights, economics and law. To see highlights from our program earlier this year - click here.
Spirit of America
In order to continue the citizenship education of Good Citizen Day, since 1994 the Foundation has awarded scholarships to a Freedom and Leadership Youth conference called Spirit of America. The current year’s Good Citizen Awardees are invited to apply to be a part of this three-day event held at the Valley Forge campus of the Freedoms Foundation.
Students who are selected for this program gain additional insights into the freedoms they enjoy as Americans and the responsibilities they bear as citizens. Please visit www.freedomsfoundation.org for more information about the program. Good Citizenship Awardees should have automatically received the applications in December.
Applications are due back to the Foundations office by January 16, 2017.
If you did not receive this year’s application, contact us via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.